I'm up way too early, partly because of a growling stomach. I cannot sleep when I am so hungry. Also because I will soon be traveling. So you combine the two and it's very hard for me to get back to sleep so I thought I would blog while I am getting some sustenance (like that Manda?) ;) I had to through that in for my little sister since I put that on fb the other day and she just loved that I said sustenance. =)
Anyway, traveling you ask? Well, a dear friend of mine that I have had since preschool is moving away from Colorado soon. We will no longer live in the same town much less the same state by the end of July! It will be an adjustment and sad that we won't get to see each other whenever we want but I am also so excited for her. The accounting firm she's worked for the last few years has business in Denver and Atlanta. A few months ago she found out that they will be closing the Denver offices so she decided to let them know that if they had a position for her in Atlanta that she would be willing to transfer. Well, thankfully, especially in this job market right now she can keep her same job, it will just be in a whole different state!
So recently she offered me the opportunity to be able to meet her out there during a training week she has to do before she moves so that way she would have a friend (her Mom couldn't make it) to help her find a place to live. Thanks to her company paying for everything as well as my wonderful hubby and in-laws taking care of the boys, I am able to fly out there this afternoon and spend the weekend with her apartment hunting! I am so excited that I get to go help her and see her new city, especially because I have no idea when I will be able to visit her once she is settled.
The stress of not knowing what our future holds when jobs are uncertain these days and your spouse is in great need of one is starting to get to me. I'm doing the best I can with the positive attitude God graced me with but it can still be a challenge. But what would life be like if we didn't have those, boring I'm sure. Anyway, we do have some good news on the job front. Dave has an interview for a position he wasn't even sure would be a fit for him. The speaker at his last networking meeting is looking for someone to put in a sales position. Dave thought, 'Oh, that doesn't sound like a fit for me' so he didn't outright apply for it. Well, after the guy did his schpeal Dave went and talked to him because while he was working as an assistant with Northwestern Mutual he had talked to this guy over the phone since he was one of his employers insurance clients and just wanted to say hi. Well the guy remembered Dave and told him he should send him his resume since he had worked at Northwestern Dave would be the type of person he was looking for! Well, we'll see what happens. Dave and I are both hopeful of course, but we have learned not to get them too high. We're also a bit leary of it possibly being a high commision paying job. We'll cross that road when we come to it. His interview is Wednesday so please keep him in your thoughts! We'll let you know once we know anything. Take care and have a great weekend everyone!
1 comment:
How fun for you to take a little break and help Shannon out! I hope you guys find her a great place to life. Oh, and good luck with the job interview! Hey, I'm gonna be in Pueblo July 4th-12th. If Shannon isn't gone by then (or even if she is gone - when exactly is she moving?), maybe we should all try to get together for dinner or something. It'd be so nice to see you all!
Post a Comment