So anyway, all he was doing was riding his scooter out front with brother and Reily when he biffed it, I don't know how I just know his face met the pavement and Dave as well as our friends next door came running outside after hearing the blood curdling scream from my 5 year old. At first it only looked like he sort of bloodied his nose according to our friend Carrie but by the time I got home to see it this is what it looked like. A big part of his right side was nice and scraped up from the sidewalk. The frown below is fake, after the first picture in which he was smiling and saying, 'I don't feel good' as I took the picture I told him we should have one of him frowning too. Thankfully children are quick healers and as of now his face has greatly improved. Thanks to all the cleaning and meds we've put on it I am very hopeful that he will have very little scaring if any at all. So here's to having rambunctious boys or any adventerous kids for that matter. I'll just pray even harder that God, the Angels and their Spirit Guides help us watch over our children when they are not with us and keep them safe!
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Road Rash
Well, Brendan finally hurt himself pretty good not that he hasn't been hurt before but this one is a doozy for him. I hate to say it because a part of me believes it was my manifestation but I know it's also just kids. We're all bound to get hurt at some points in our lives no matter how careful we are or if someone else is constantly reminding us to be careful. As a mom, especially of boys I am ALWAYS telling them to be careful. Do you think it makes a difference? Personally I don't think so, at least I don't have any proof yet that it does. So, the following story happened to Brendan last Saturday when I was out doing chair massage at a local event and I have to say that because I like to think that if I were home maybe my constant bickering to be careful might have finally made a difference. And yet at the same time I also have a strong feeling it probably wouldn't have mattered either way. I was just sad I wasn't here to comfort him when it did happen, and of course at some point I would have been telling him 'What has Mommy always been telling you to be careful for?' Even though I could never be a nurse or doctor of any sort, I don't mind my own blood but for some reason I just can't look at anyone else's, I believe that taking care of and cleaning boo boos is one of my strong suits as a mom. It must be only my blood and my kids that I can stand.

So anyway, all he was doing was riding his scooter out front with brother and Reily when he biffed it, I don't know how I just know his face met the pavement and Dave as well as our friends next door came running outside after hearing the blood curdling scream from my 5 year old. At first it only looked like he sort of bloodied his nose according to our friend Carrie but by the time I got home to see it this is what it looked like. A big part of his right side was nice and scraped up from the sidewalk. The frown below is fake, after the first picture in which he was smiling and saying, 'I don't feel good' as I took the picture I told him we should have one of him frowning too. Thankfully children are quick healers and as of now his face has greatly improved. Thanks to all the cleaning and meds we've put on it I am very hopeful that he will have very little scaring if any at all. So here's to having rambunctious boys or any adventerous kids for that matter. I'll just pray even harder that God, the Angels and their Spirit Guides help us watch over our children when they are not with us and keep them safe!
So anyway, all he was doing was riding his scooter out front with brother and Reily when he biffed it, I don't know how I just know his face met the pavement and Dave as well as our friends next door came running outside after hearing the blood curdling scream from my 5 year old. At first it only looked like he sort of bloodied his nose according to our friend Carrie but by the time I got home to see it this is what it looked like. A big part of his right side was nice and scraped up from the sidewalk. The frown below is fake, after the first picture in which he was smiling and saying, 'I don't feel good' as I took the picture I told him we should have one of him frowning too. Thankfully children are quick healers and as of now his face has greatly improved. Thanks to all the cleaning and meds we've put on it I am very hopeful that he will have very little scaring if any at all. So here's to having rambunctious boys or any adventerous kids for that matter. I'll just pray even harder that God, the Angels and their Spirit Guides help us watch over our children when they are not with us and keep them safe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, poor Brendan! Ya know, these things just happen, especially with boys. We can tell them to 'be careful' as much as we want, but we can't always protect them. And as they get older, they get braver and it's hard as moms to let them just be kids sometimes. Yes, just praying for their protection and doing what we can (without being over-bearing) is all we really can do!
Ouch. Thats a good one! I fell off my bike once and broke my arm. I guess it could be worse. This probably doesn't make you feel better though. Love ya! :)
Post a Comment