Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Our Excited Kindergartener and Wannabe!

Well Brendan is now officially a Kindergartener at O'Dea Elementary School! He was so excited that yesterday at the school picnic and walking to school he kept chanting, "I'm gonna like school, I like school!" It was definitely much easier for him than it was for us, even Carter (the wannabe kindergartener) had a little hard time understanding why he couldn't stay with brother to play because they both went to preschool together last year. Just driving on the way to school I felt like crying, thankfully I held off for his sake but I was probably very clearly teary eyed. They let the parents stay for a story before we had to tell our kids bye one last time. It's called The Kissing Hand and is a very heartwarming book for parents and kids starting school!

I am finding it hard to concentrate right now and get some things done before we have to go pick him up again and constantly am chanting in my own head what time I need to pick him up so I don't forget, also the fact he will be 5 days a week now instead of 2! But I know we'll get used to it quick, I'm just used to the schedule for preschool and now need to adjust to his new school schedule. I am also so excited to find out what he did today and how he liked it and what friends he will make! I think he'll do great. He was practicing his name yesterday so he could get used to putting his B in uppercase and all the rest of his name in lowercase and that was just getting him even more excited!


Walking to school from where we parked, sometimes we'll actually walk from home and the days Carter has preschool we'll drive him.


In front of his classroom door and the school in a shadier spot


B in front of his cubbie


B at his desk! Carter took the one of him smiling


Then here's our little wannabe which Brendan took a picture of.

Carter and I will be leaving here in a bit to pick Brendan up and we'll post again to let you know any pertinent first day information I can get from our new Kindergartener!

No comments: