I decided to wait a few days to tell you all how Kindergarten started for Brendan. That way if anything exciting happened on day 2 or 3 I could just write it all at the same time. The first day was great for him, he was so excited! He went in with a smile and came out with one. What more could a parent ask for? Nothing in this case, nothing! :)
Well, when Carter and I picked Brendan up on Friday, he revealed to me that Friday was the bestest day ever of Kindergarten. When I asked him why, he told me that the 2nd day he was a little nervous and somehow the 3rd ended up being much better. I'm not sure why and even now he says, 'I don't know'. Oh well, I'm sure he'll get better at explaining these things as he gets older. Mostly what they did their first few days was listen to the teacher read, learned a new song, danced, played outside and got to know their classmates. And he has a folder he brings home every Friday with paper stuff for us and returns it on Monday. I probably spent at least a good ten minutes or so trying to figure out the symbols for the PSD school schedule so I could know when vacations are and parent/teacher conferences and in-service days that the kids don't have to go! I'm sure once the year gets going we'll get the hang of it too and I'll forget I was even confused about it in the first place.
So all in all, he had a great start to his elementary education and we get to go this Thursday to Back to School Night. The PTA provides childcare for the kids so we can go to his classroom to hear from his teacher about the curriculum and what the kids will be learning this year as well as ask any questions we may have. This is such an exciting time for all of us! Dave and I are even looking forward to Thursday. :)
1 comment:
I'm so glad Brendan loved kindergarten! I love when they say, 'this was the best day ever!!'. Then my kids proceed to sing 'Best day Ever' song from Sponge Bob. Do you know the one I'm talking about?! Makes me happy as a mom to know that they keep having the best day ever, over and over again!
Post a Comment