Monday, August 31, 2009

Lucile McCall July 14th and 15th

Here they are finally! Pics of us visiting Dave's Grandma in Goodland, KS back in the middle of July. It was so nice to be able to go visit her! The last time we got to see her I think was when Carter was a baby about two years ago when Mel brought his Mom out here to stay for a visit. She was recently put into an assited living home at the beginning of the summer for health reasons. I was a little apprehensive about going there because of my experience going to one in the Springs a couple times growing up, that one just felt like a hospital. So I was very pleasantly surprised when we got to visit Lucile! She has a very nice room all to herself with a little fridge, sink and microwave as well as a bathroom and some of her very own furniture, even her own t.v. She also has lots of pictures of her family and friends which we helped to add to. A couple of pictures we took the first day of our visit we went and developed them, enlarged them and put them in two frames for her. We really enjoyed our visit with her and I'm especially pleased that when the boys see the pictures we took that they even remember going to see Great Grandma! Carter was just telling me a few minutes ago when I first put these pics up to post who everyone is including Lucile! He said, "There's you, me, Daddy and Brendan with Great Grandma!" Hopefully we'll get to see her again soon, much sooner than two years. She's going to be 90 this November, so even though she is now in assisted living she seems to be doing fairly well! Thanks again Mel and Joyce for helping us to be able to go see her! Sorry it took me so long to post them.






No comments: