Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you know that Dave heard back from 1st Bank wanting to interview him. The position is for management training, I believe. It's definitely a management position and he has it scheduled for next Friday afternoon, the 27th! I'm excited and also cautious what with our recent experience, however this is a different bank. I actually had been looking at this bank back in the fall at teller positions up until shortly after I got the survey job and according to their website they really value their employees which I love! Teller positions are typically a high turnover job and when I had been looking I was checking their site everyday for about a month or so and NEVER saw a job opening in the Fort Collins or Loveland area which really tells me something....their probably as good as they say they are to work for! That's also why I don't want to get too excited yet but I am very happy he has the interview with them. He is also still looking at other jobs and applying for them. Dave took a class Friday on gov't jobs and the ins and outs of applying for them etc. which he really felt will help in the process of applying for the gov't jobs he's found.
All in all that's about the only news we have so far but I do want to add something. It's going on 4 months now that he's been unemployed and we are doing very good considering. I just want to let you all know that. I know it's very hard not to worry especially for our parents but we truly are doing good money wise and budget wise even with our situation! I believe it's because of some hard lessons we have had to learn in the past that have actually helped us be better prepared for something like being unemployed and I am so grateful for those. The boys should qualify for CHP which is a free or very low yearly payment, special health insurance for low income families and once that happens I can cancel the current one we pay for ourselves. With that and all the other ways we have been able to save on bills I am very confident that if need be we can easily not miss or be late on any bills only counting the paper route and unemployment income. Not to say I'm not trying to do my part but I don't count my massage income with so few clients because that can fluctuate without any notice, until I build my clientele up again we just count that as extra blessings for our bank account. =) I know I didn't need to share this all I just wanted to be able to try and alleviate some worries you all could be having about us, even though I know as our parents I can't make you stop completely but can try to lessen them a bit. Probably the harder part for us is that we still have not been able to sort of come up with a new routine for our family with Dave being home more often. I'll say this, I am way more productive myself when Dave has a job, I tend to put things on hold when changes like this happen. Obviously something I need to work on and learn how to do, maybe as soon as I do that Dave will start a new job!?! ;) I'll get right on that, first thing in the morning. Right now I'm going to bed so I'm well rested to start!
Anyway, we are always appreciative of your prayers and help with job suggestions etc.! And you all, parents and friends are always in ours too! We'll let you know anything new as soon as we know. We love you and hope you have a great week!
1 comment:
Gosh, I hope things go well with the interview on Friday. I am glad you are doing well considering your circumstances. It is quite an adjustment when your hubby is home all the time when he usually isn't, huh? With Frank, he would be completely absent for 2 months when he'd go out to sea and then he'd get vacation for a couple of weeks and be home all.the.time! It sure messed up our schedule! I am definitely more productive when Frank's not home, too. If he's home being lazy, I want to be lazy, too! Anyway, good luck on Friday!
Post a Comment