Sunday, February 8, 2009

Alyssa says to the boys, "We have a surprise we're going to take you to"!

We've been talking about doing this with the boys for some time and finally got to yesterday. It was nice enough and we actually remembered at the right time. Budweiser brewery just north of Fort Collins has a camera day with the horses on the first Saturday of each month for two hours in the afternoon and that's what we wanted to share with you. Once Dave and I decided this would be the best opportunity we've had for some time to finally take them to see the Clydesdales, I told both the boys that we had a surprise for them. Well we had only been there for about 10 minutes and had looked at the horses and took some pictures, when Brendan asks me, "Where's our surprise?" Wow, I thought it was a fun surprise but I think he might have been expecting something in which they would get to play or jump on things. Oh well, maybe that helped him to realize that there are a lot of different kinds of suprises. It was shortly after that we noticed that they did have one of the horses, Slash, outside where you could pet him and get your picture taken with him. I think that made the surprise more exciting for Brendan and Carter too. Of course I know they would have liked to play on the really cool, big wagon but of course we had to let them know that we couldn't, Carter didn't like that too much. But they really enjoyed being able to pet the horses. So all in all, a good little free something to do for about a half hour or so as a family that we haven't done before! Hope you enjoy. :)






















No comments: