I feel the need to share this video link (CLICK THE TITLE TO SEE THE VIDEO) in the hopes that with what we teach our children we can change the hateful and hurtful remarks from people like this and someday become a country where EVERYONE applies the golden rule to their lives. WE EACH TREAT EACH OTHER THE WAY WE WOULD WANT SOMEONE ELSE TO TREAT US! That may sound cheesy but it's how I feel and it's something I have believed in strongly since elementary school and always do my best to implement in my own life, thanks to my favorite teacher Mrs. Veltri.
Let me say that I totally believe we all have the right to our own opinions, but when you just believe what rumors are being spread around and pull some comment out of nowhere (like one lady saying Obama said all white people are trash) you're only hurting your candidates campaign and more importantly fueling the fires of hate in a country that has been fighting for so long to extinquish those fires. It is so very sickening to me to hear how hateful and prejudice and ignorant people can still be and are, especially in a country that has fought and is still fighting so hard for the equality of EVERYONE. The main issue I have with all of this is that if these people were open minded and did their research they would find out the truth, Obama is Christian, the blacks will not take over, he's not related to nor does he support terroists. And, when did he say us white people are trash? I've never heard him say that. I'm white and I've only had a great, hopeful and positive impression of Obama, where as all the hateful people and remarks I have seen in news clips at McCain rallies are so negative, hateful and prejudice, it's scary to me and sad that we have so many people like that in our country and it shows that we still have a long way to go in fighting prejudices and treating each other the way we would want to be treated. It's just so sad to hear these people talk the way they are and I believe that if we all teach our children to be kind, open-minded, respectful people to ANYONE they meet in their lives no matter what their beliefs or differences are then we can make a significant difference in the way we all treat one another and move forward as a united country even still having differences of opinion. Isn't that one of the main things that makes this country so great? That we can all be different and still live together peacefully? Anyway, I just had to say something about this video as it really disturbed me and wanted to get it off my chest. Thanks for listening.
No comments:
Post a Comment