Oh I HATE taxes and all the bologna that goes along with them! Please bear with me I am thoroughly furiated right now with the IRS and yet I am still trying to convey this in a nice way everyone who reads this can hear. We're expecting our stimulus check anytime now (at least a decent portion minus what we ended up owing in the first year we have ever owed them) and instead in the mail today comes a letter from them saying we only have paid such and such amount and giving us a small penalty, but none-the-less a penalty even though I have set up an installment agreement and did everything the lady on the phone told me to do. She said I had to send the fee first for setting up the agreement and would NOT have to add additional payment to that, but just keep sending the amount we agreed upon every month thereafter on the date we set up. I KNOW they got it and cashed it two weeks before the letter was dated or else it would still be in our account! If they tell us it just takes time to put into their system they'll be able to hear me scream from Colorado because for the government not to have better systems in place I might not be surprised to hear but is also a bunch of bologna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think I scared Dave when I got so upset, he's going to call them first thing when they open Monday for me because he knows they will get a very irate woman they do NOT want to hear from. I know being in the service industry for a little while, when someone has a problem with something that the place you work for is doing they did not put that rule into place and that they are just doing what they are told to do, so 99.9% of the time I try to be decent with the messenger but this is the .1% I cannot be.
So anyway hopefully Dave will have a productive conversation and outcome. And I hope I didn't put anybody reading this off for showing my anger when it is rare for me to do so, especially in this format. Now that I've had somewhere to vent other than my husband I feel better and thank you for allowing me to do that. I'll just have to be PATIENT until after the call Monday since there's nothing more I can do until then. I love you all! Lys
P.S. Brendan is his normal, goofy self again!
No comments:
Post a Comment