Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Finally got THE check from Uncle Sam!

Now I feel good again about this whole situation with taxes. We officially got what we were owed for the stimulus payment after they deducted what we owed, deposited it right after I checked the mail and they even credited back what I paid to set up the agreement since we only recently set it up! Thank goodness! So I got two new tires on the Honda which have needed to be replaced about 2 or 3 years ago but haven't been able to do and had the belts tightened which have been squeaking for awhile, so Dave is much safer on the road now. And we can take that to South Dakota for our overnight trip for John's (Dave's best friend) wedding celebration and save some gas money compared to the truck. Unfortunately the rest will go to the state, but at least we'll get it all paid off before next tax season. HMMPF!

No comments: