Friday, November 21, 2008

Some news

Okay, so we found out yesterday morning about Dave's potential job, but I didn't want to post quite yet to see if I'd hear about mine. I haven't and didn't want to leave you hanging any longer so here it is. Dave got a sorry, we hired someone else letter in the mail this week which we found out Thursday morning. Unfortunate but I'm still hopeful for him! It's only been 2&1/2 weeks and there are record numbers of people in our position, which can be good and bad. So Dave has already applied to, I think, at least 10 more jobs just yesterday and today combined. He's certainly making his chances better. And I haven't heard anything about my job possibility, which is a bit dissappointing because you start to think it's a bad thing when it's been longer than what they told you but at the same time I still have hope. And then again if they decided no for me I would rather know sooner than later because I don't want to be hanging on to false hope if they've decided not to hire me. Man, people should also have psychiatrists at their disposal when job hunting, it sure can mess with your head. Oh well, we'll keep you updated. And we are still planning on Pueblo for Christmas time, probably me and the boys for about 5 days at the least, is what I would like. And since we'd have to pay a sub to take care of the papers, probably only 2 or 3 days for Dave to join us closer to Christmas. Of course we are playing this all by ear in terms of travel. But I am very Thankful (been thinking about that a LOT lately) that we can still get our parents and my brothers and sister presents! I've had that saved since the garage sale in October. Don't you dare tell us not to get you anything, because even through tough times in the past and present, even if it's small we would not do this if we truly couldn't. So thank goodness for the garage sale I sold a bunch of the boys old things at! We know that gifts are not what the Holidays are all about, but it's just a little way, and the one consistent time of year, that we can show you how much you mean to us by doing/getting something thoughtful and hopefully pleasant for you, which just makes us feel so happy to see that we've made you happy! Even though this holiday might possibly be a bit hard to get cheery, I am looking forward to it just as much if not more than I have in the past. Because we have an amazing family and bunch of friends who are so loving and supportive which is the biggest thing we have to be thankful for!

Thank you for being a part of our lives!
We Love You! Lys, Dave, Brendan and Carter

No comments: