Saturday, July 19, 2008

Sleeping Arrangements

So, a couple of you know that about two months or so ago I moved Carter into Brendan's room to share so that I could have a massage room again. Well, that did not work out too well. Most nights were fine but we realized that Brendan is not quite ready to be sleeping in the same room with anyone. If Brendan woke up first most of the time he would also wake up Carter, even though we kept telling him to just quietly go downstairs and play without turning his main light on. And if Brendan actually slept good, Carter would be the one to wake up too early, therefor also waking brother. So since nobody (Mommy and Daddy included) was getting all the sleep they needed and I don't currently have enough clients to keep a room set up I switched them back a few days ago. Ever since then my boys are doing better, especially Carter. Brendan, hopefully only for the time being is a morning person, if he ever sleeps in when he gets older you will not hear me complain. Unless of course something changes when I get older and I wake up early without an alarm and can't get back to sleep, then I'll just go bother him! =) But if I'm nice and I don't bother him I know that someday if he has kids they'll do the same thing he did, it would certainly be in their genes. I truly believe we all have the loved ones and people in our lives that we do because they can teach us what we need to learn most and even though I have become a lot more patient in some areas of my life, I know that I have a lot more to learn and my kids are teaching me more about patience than I ever cared to know.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Yes, I understand your pain. My two boys share a room and it is difficult to get them to sleep because they like to play. And then they do wake each other up in the morning - which in turn wakes up mommy! Ugh. And yes, children teach us so much patience, whether we want to learn or not, we have to!