Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Update on jobs

Okay, so I'll try to make this short and sweet. I promised I'd update you all on our job situations and I'll try to do it without too much boring detail.
So, first I need to say that I did get one piece of information wrong. Which is the other general manager Dave shares his job with has not been getting paid what Dave was up until the middle of September, so now after they docked his annual pay by $10,000 they are both getting the same salary with the possibility of getting 'bonuses' if the organization has enough in the budget.

With that said I still think an injustice and manipulation has been done in terms of Dave's job. He still is the only person who had anything cut from income and most importantly they knew full well that Dave would not have accepted the full time position and quit his other part time job just to take a huge paycut and stress our budget to the point of falling behind in some bills. And since he sent out the letter with his side of the story the president has spoken with him again only to reiterate 'he did nothing wrong' but still has not indicated any sort of solution or even remorse, for what I believe she may have planned all along, knowing that he would not be able to outright quit if they roped him in and then almost a year later cut his feet out from beneath him. We have no idea what she told the board members in the meeting that they decided to do this as none of them have talked to Dave about the situation. So, in the meantime we are pursuing some options to see if we can right some wrongs even if he doesn't get his income back up. And Dave now has a paper route again for the third time in ten years to help make up what they cut and I did find a part time job with the purpose of getting some fun and emergency money for us, but unfortunately not quite in time to use it for fun yet. My first paycheck or two will help us catch up on our big monthly Home Owners fee that we didn't even pay in September. And thankfully after that we'll be back on track!

My new job that I've had for a week now is for a market research firm, we call customers to survey them on products or services they have or had so those companies know how they're doing in regards to their customer service as well as calling people for political surveys we're always hearing about in the news, especially this close to the election. I kind of have mixed feelings about it right now. In the first week I have had my good and bad days depending on the type of survey and how some of those customers have felt about their service with a company, so we'll see how it goes. The pay is based on a points system so if I do well I can get paid more than the base. Which is why in the meantime I am still going to search for something else with better pay in case I don't get better at getting a lot of surveys completed. I am thankful that I at least have a job at all and can contribute at least a little to our income while I also slowly build my massage business back up as well. Anyway, enough of my ranting. I hope you all have a great day!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Well, even though it sucks, it sounds like you guys are headed in the right direction. Hopefully everything will work out really soon. :)